Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
I just ordered one from Buds in 45acp. Anybody got or had one? Any problems or issues. I made an offer on
their website that was $50 less than they were asking and they accepted. Only issue I have is it's made in Brazil.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a loaded model, and really liked it. It had ok sights, but I like Heinie straight eights on my handguns so I would probably have upgraded eventually. The only issue I had was that it could be a little picky about hollow-point ammo, which seems to be common with a lot of 1911 pistols.

I just sold it to fund something else, and I do miss it at the range now.

Matt

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Have four SAs, including a Mil-spec (though not stainless), the cheapest being the Mil-spec. I love 'em all and I've yet to buy any SA 1911, new in the box, that has ever let me down either in terms of accuracy or function. I have had other brands of 1911s - Colt, Sig, Ruger, Kimber - and I can't say that about all of them, right out of the box. SA is now my go to brand for standard production 1911s.

My Mil-spec is exactly what it it should be - a real workhorse, utility grade 1911. The thumb safety is a bit sticky, but that will smooth out with a little use. Triggers vary a bit in quality at this price point, so try to examine one in person before buying. My local gun shop allows me to cherry pick, so my Mil-spec has fabulous trigger, on a par with my more expensive SAs.

Sight in target at 16 yards from a rest. Nothing fancy, but it shoots. :) (My Trophy Match will do this at 25 yards, by the way.)

·
Banned
766 Posts
In my limited experience, all 1911s can have problems. It's a lottery, whether you spend $600, or $3600. On a positive note, they are all the same, and solutions are fixed rather cheaply. I've owned a Springfield Armory for 20+ years. Sometimes it was great, other times very frustrating. Solution was to switch to a stiffer recoil spring. Very inexpensive. Glad i didn't buy a Les Baer, or a Wilson Custom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.