Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well spring has sprung here in NW Florida. I can tell because I saw this fellow about 100 yds from my house. I put him in a trashcan and moved him off so we can all be safe.

A beautiful critter, but not in the yard.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roan444 said:
Taste like CHIKIN!

Yes, but I might too.

And I do have a long lens.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I have to agree with Festus. I just can't take the chance with all the dogs around. I don't believe the are smart enough to leave the snakes alone. I have killed one that was within 3 feet of the kennel runs! So far I have been lucky and only found a few each year. They have all been small, around a foot long. Nope, I am not a good host to rattlers when they are on my property, near my dogs. I will however, stop my truck and wait for one to get across a dirt road, if I see one while out driving.

-Bob George

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Barenjager said:
Great Photo!

Roe
Thanks. After I moved him, I took a ton of pics. Got some really good ones.

I don't see many diamondbacks any more. I may average one per year. I skin roadkills, but I don't kill them myself. Everyone else here does though.

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Coalsmoke said:
Well spring has sprung here in NW Florida. I can tell because I saw this fellow about 100 yds from my house. I put him in a trashcan and moved him off so we can all be safe.

A beautiful critter, but not in the yard.
And there was probably 50 more close by that you never saw :eek:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LT said:
And there was probably 50 more close by that you never saw :eek:
I don't think we have too many diamondbacks, but we have PLENTY of pygmy rattlers and cottonmouths.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts