Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil: On lever guns, bought 2 this month, New 336c in 35. and new winchester 94 in 30-30, been doing a lot of puckering up the lips on the wifes backside to get back in her good graces for this one !!! Anyhow, as i have depleted my cash flow for a while, so i can not go out and buy a lot of reloading goodies right now (i do reload) so i was wondering, if you could have just one powder and one bullet(200 gn) what would it be for the 35. rem. Somthing to get me started, know what i mean ? My wife seems to think there is somthing wrong with me buying 2 guns in one month, hell, who knows, maybe shes right, all i know is, I LOVED DOING It !! !!!!

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
You should have only let her know about one of them :twisted: I have found that AA2520 shoots well with the 200 gr Rem or Hornady bullets.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Crapaw she is only mad cause you got a winshitter if you would have got two Marlin's she would have been ok.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Gunjunkie said:
Crapaw she is only mad cause you got a winshitter if you would have got two Marlin's she would have been ok.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LoL thats some funny shiite. :lol:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
35Remington has all the data you need in his post. He sealed it for me on the Rem cor-loct.

·
Registered
87 Posts
IMR 3031 and 200 grain bullets have always been consistant for me in the .35

Did some reloading for a buddy of mine with IMR 3031 and 170 grain bullets for his .30-30 and they worked really well too.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ditto above remarks. According to the data H4895 is about ideal for this size case. In my 30-30 my smallest groups so far have been with H4895, I've tried a few others and so far it works the best. Should give you the most power too. One more bonus is that using the posted youth loads you can whip up some cheap accurate plinkers also.

Just got my first can of 3031 to try but hear that most folks get similar results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gunjunkie said:
:oops: Gunjunkie, yea, i like the marlins a little better, but i thought at the time, what the hell, the price was extremly good for the model that it was, the store droped the price drasticaly because they had it for a long time . The really sick part is, i am already scheeming on how to come up with the cash for a marlin in 357 mag, I NEED HELP !! Appreciate the answers i am getting so far, anybody have anything else to add ?

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Nah,,, Crapaw. your just normal like the rest of us..

·
Registered
87 Posts
I want more guns too,,,,,,,,,,,it's a cancerous obsession,,,,,,,,,,

A local pawn shop has a really mint looking WINCHESTER 9422M. I've never owned a Winchester. This one has a laminated stock, perfect bore and blueing. Not a mark on it even though you can tell it's a few years old. Only problem is the $325 price tag. I think that's a little steep.

Have any of you ever owned a 9422M? How did it shoot? Is the 9422M's action smooth and suited to the 22 mag cartridge?

This one looks and feels so nice that I find myself wanting a Winchester.

G

·
That is a great price, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

My wife has a 9422 that is a great little shooter. It is one of the best 22s I have ever used.

Winch quit making them this year, don't know if that includes the 22 mag also......

In the condition you list, it doesn't sound overpriced to me if it's something you want to keep...

Grizz

·
Registered
87 Posts
thanks,,,,,,,,,I might try to haggel down the price again and see if I can make a deal on it. If I buy it, I'll probably keep it,,,,,I don't trade off many guns after I get them unless something turns out to be really wrong with it that I can't fix. It's been on his rack for a quite a while now.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
crapaw,

IMR3031 can give you factory level loads in both 30-30 and 35 Rem. Varget can go both ways, too. And IMR4895 and H4895 will work (but they are not interchangeable).

I don't prefer H335 but it is the standard powder for both cartridges for some folks and it meters like a dream.

I suggest you to start with IMR 3031 with 170 gr./30-30 bullets and 200 gr. 35 Rem bullets. All the reloading manuals have the data for these combos.

I was at the range today dialing in a new front sight with good performance from 38.0 gr. Varget, 200 gr. Rem. Core-Lokt (bulk bullets from MidwayUSA), CCI 200 primers, and Rem. brass. THIS WORKS IN MY MARLIN 336 BUT MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR OTHERS.

Groups were running about 3" at 100 yards shooting off my elbows from a solid bench. That's about as good as my old eyes can do with WGRS receiver sight, Twilight aperture, and 1/16" gold bead front sight. This was rough sighting in and I might do a little better with sandbags, etc. Teensy groups are not my focus with my leverguns.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts