Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just got done resizeing and primeing a bunch of brass, first time that I used my 30-30 dies :oops: Now all I need is some powder and bullets. I have settled on the Speer 150gr & Win 748, has anyone here tried that combination yet? If so how has it performed for you? Just curious. Thanks for any help that can be given. 336A.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't. I haven't the experience of some, but in the levers I've had, they tend to prefer a 170 to a 150, which is 5 grains off the original 165. On top of IMR3031, H335(mag primers), or Vihta Vuori V140N. Not familiar with Winchester powder, but assume it's similar burn rate.

For small game, I've a Unique / Sierra 125 combination which will do 1/4 inch at 25 yards. Off a sand bag obviously. Has about the energy of a .22 judging by the coffee can test. (Very scientific that...)

Proof of the pudding is in the taste, so you won't know how the Win748/Speer 150 does in your rifle til you give it a try.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I use 748 with a 150grn winchester pp and love it i get good acuracy and find the winchester`s expand better than the speers do but that wouldn`t stop me from using the speer bullets.Just use them at max charges and you will do fine.
Riflemen10x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts