Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: SpeedLoader.......I have one and I'm satisfied with it... there are different capacities, be sure to get the right one for your gun.

·
Banned
97 Posts
I have a Henry .22, so I bought a couple of spee-d-loaders from their website. Cost 15 bucks each and took just a couple of days to get to the house (although their website said up to 2 weeks). The ones I ordered have 8 chambers and hold 16 rounds each, so a total of 128 rounds. They do take a little getting use to, but not much, sometimes I have to shake it to get the rounds down the tube, but not really an issue. I have used mine quite a bit, and not once have I regretted getting them. I can do in a second what use to be a pain in the but. No more wasting time, unfortunately that makes me want to shoot more, which means I have to go hunt down these darn flippers and find some ammo.

Like I said, some kinks, and it takes me a minute each time to realize I have to load the ammo backwards, and I always hold it at an angle, because it just doesn't seem legit dropping round after round all the way down and striking the back; probably not an issue, but I am paranoid. Overall I would definitely recommend them.

I hope Spee-d- loader sends me a check for my advertising

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
I have one. They are "faster" in that you don't have to load individual rounds. If you have carpal tunnel or are in cold weather wearing gloves - they certainly make things easier than fumbling with one round at a time. As with all things - each has it's particular "use". :tee:

·
Registered
831 Posts
I constructed some homemade ones using lexan tubes and some plexiglas flat stock. It's the only way to fly when using tube fed .22 rifles.
I made a 17 and a 15 round ones to fit my rifles, and a 5 round one that you can put in a jacket pocket. The 5 round one has 10 tubes and holds 50 rounds. You just rotate it 3 times to fill the mag tube.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I use speed loaders in all my 22's.
I use this one for my Buckmarks
Amazon.com: Ultimate Clip Loader: Sports & Outdoors

It works great and sure sometimes it only loads 9 rounds instead of 10.
But other than that it's lightning quick.
I really need to buy one for my wife so that we have 2 of them.

Dump in 50 rounds or so close cover, shake and the rounds line up then
insert mag and it's done!

I had a different one for loading my Ruger 10/22's but I sold the guns
and the loader.

Oh sorry, I mistook the tube fed one for the magazine loader.
sorry about that.

Yes the ones you are looking at are cool.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can buy an extra funnel and make the same tube loader work for front and rear (e.g., Browning BA-22) loading tube fed rifles.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have 3 of them and they work like a charm. worth the money if you ask me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like mine!

Should be pretty easy to make something similar...

CW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts