Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read an interesting post by Chuckles and it got me to thinking. I have a Marlin Model 1897T. I would like to know what you guy think would be necessary for a "just-in-case" replacement parts kit. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
K9, thanks, I'm waiting to hear about that also. It never really occured to me to have much on hand. I guess as the warranty nears expiration, then it becomes a concern. Thanks for the question.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Since I also have a 1897 Texan, I'll be looking forward to somebody making us a list of spare parts to keep around. 8)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
About all the spare parts I would keep on hand is a spare extractor, and maybe a replacement locking rivet for the ejector. I can't really see much else causing problems.... I'll just repeat what Tom said in regards to screws that pass through the outside of the receiver- just a little past snug is all these screws take....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Thank-you Doc. The extractor part # is #202069, The ejector base assembly is # 502068, and consists of the ejector#102068, ejector base with rivet #502167, ejector base screw (2)#302091, ejector pin #302098, and ejector spring #402095.

I'm getting the extractor and the ejector assembly complete.

Thanks again! 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts