Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Good job!! Tell him he's invited to come over to Texas! We got plenty of damn feral hawgs that need thinnin'!!

Premium Member
I see smoked pork shoulder in his future.
Andrew

Reactions: Jeepnut

Registered
Years ago I had trouble with them rooting in my yard at night. So we started sleeping with the window open. My wife would wake me when she heard them. I would ease outside and kill one with my .280. That didn't stop them even after I had killed a few. I put the magazine extension on my 12 ga Browning A5 and filled it with buckshot.. Next time they came in at night I eased out and hosed them down with buckshot. They stampeded squeeling and hollering, Still didn't stop 'em'. I finally put up a 2 strand electric fence and after tangling in it twice they left my yard alone. I built a trap and caught 27. I killed them all. I hate "em". They destroy so much. Thankfully they have been gone for along time.

Premium Member
I'm thankful these creatures aren't this far north!
I would like to hunt them at some time.
I've read about the amount of damage they do to crops and other wildlife.
It appears they can not be eradicated!

you just got to learn to live with em. people think they can erradicate hogs but i dont believe in that notion. Definately not with dogs and guns. Theres just too many and theyre too prolific.
Hunting them is no big deal. put out a corn feeder and they come. usually the first night. some of the smarter groups only move at night. it depends on how much hunting pressure there is. only bad thing is unless youre quick you only get one.

Super Moderator
Nice! Where in South Georgia? My father in law is a farmer in SW GA and they finally have pigs bad. There are some fields he just cannot use anymore because of it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts