Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
M-94 .357 pre lock micro groove
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I possibly overspent. By a couple dollars for a 1894 .357 I really was looking for a more modern version of the lever action but the 1980 vintage almost NIB was what I found and I could not pass it up.

Now learning more about these beauties I see the newer version I thought I wanted would have a reduced capacity and with my usual luck I would have got a remlin from the bad timeframe.

To have a real Marlin in my favorite caliber 9+1 capacity from the good old days like new. I could not be happier no matter the cost.

·
Super Moderator
4,635 Posts
Congrats. I live in Missouri which is called the “Show-Me“ state. So show me some pics.

Reactions: Waffletop

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
I had one of those, and being young and stupid, let a certain sneaky Sergeant of mine talk me out of it by waving crisp $100 bills in my face when he knew the rent was late and the babies were hungry. It would feed 38's and 357's interchangeably, it was used and slick when I bought it, and I'm surprised it had any rifling in it when I let it go. The one I replaced it with is from around 1990, still a good year.......but it will choke on a 38 Special EVERY single time, and isn't generally as accurate. Granted, I had far better eyeballs back then, but the older gun still had a magical quality to it, like it was laser-guided or something.

You have truly found a diamond in a Sulphur pit, and I hope you realize how precious a nearly-NIB specimen like that is. I suggest you play a few lottery tickets, and if you ever want to part with it I can be reached by PM.

·
Registered
16,334 Posts
Next time you need to shoot something, pick up a wad of money and try to shoot it with the bills. Then pick up the 1894C and try it with that. Which works better?

The rifle's way better than money. Better looking, too. You did it just right, Jeff.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
You dun good!

Reactions: Chrisj357

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have one made in 1982. I have a nice S&W model 66 made the same year.
They both shoot 38spl and 357 without a hitch!

you got yourself a good one sir!
Enjoy it!

·
Registered
M-94 .357 pre lock micro groove
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next time you need to shoot something, pick up a wad of money and try to shoot it with the bills. Then pick up the 1894C and try it with that. Which works better?

The rifle's way better than money. Better looking, too. You did it just right, Jeff.
Thanks Rob! I feel like I fell into a room full of people just like me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts