Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thank you very much Steelbanger, I really liked that picture and was wondering if I could use it for wallpaper on my desktop for awhile as I amiss spring which we apparently don't have here except for when the bears start moving around more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you liked it. Too bad we have to reduce the resolution on the net but it will probably work as your desktop pic.
My wife just loves those flowers when they show up every spring. I figured all the ladies here would enjoy seeing them too.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Hello Riflemen-and in the same mind as the originator of this thread I post this hand picked wildflower from the wilds of Oregon for all the fair gals that visit with us fellows here. Life is good, BestLever

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
I really can't remember what it's called. At one time I took a college class on Oregon plant life and knew all the cool names of stuff but now they are just all "wild floweres" and pine trees :lol: Sorry about that Uncle. They do look like a Lilac but I don't think they are. they are much smaller than the ones I know of. Life is good, BestLever

·
Registered
868 Posts
Off of the top of my head it's buddleia chinensis, in other words the native (to China) version of what western gardeners know as the butterfly bush. It was brought to the Western US in the 1800's by Chinese immigrants and naturalized quite well...

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Thanks, we call it a weed here since it takes over everything and is not native to PA.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Miss Tiger and flower lovers-Each year I take my wife, a sister or a grand daughter out to gather wildflowers. They are amazing here. I'll be sure to take pictures this year and post them for those who enjoy them. I may have some pictures already scanned that I can add here. We'll see. Life is good, BestLever

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Hello Riflemen-A small sample of Oregon spring. And a 3 leaf bush that I would enjoy giving to a few select MO members personally :lol:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Life is good, BestLever

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thank you , Jim. Lately I've been so homesick, knowing that the cherry trees are all in bloom right now along with the bulbs and some of the early annuals.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Uncle, when I saw that picture I couldn't get jayco taking care of the morning mountain business outa my mind :twisted: Life is good, BestLever

1 - 14 of 14 Posts