Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
Well I think I want one, just to shoot in the yard. Wonder if you could jam 6 flu-flus in the magazine? Ingenious design. I hope the guy makes a fortune.

Speaking of bowhunters wanting it banned, yeah, I can see that. But I'm not sure it matters. Other wise all bird hunters would have to shoot single shot shotguns. :biggrin:

·
Registered
817 Posts
If that's the guy I've seen before he often comes up with clever ways to shoot arrows/use bows.

I'm not sure if that device would be legal for archery here or not. There used to be a provision that dis-allowed anything that would keep a bow at a draw other than a person holding it but it appears that was removed from the regulations when crossbows were included as legal archery methods.

Now under methods allowed it only lists hand held string releasing devices as allowed and somehow I don't think that device would pass that criteria. I don't think I'd try it for hunting without clarification.

·
Premium Member
4,342 Posts
For hunting purposes, that system is way to loud. Every deer within 100 yards will be on alert after the draw.
Second issue is, the bow he is using is a kids beginner bow. It probably doesn't have any more than 25 pounds of draw.
It would be interesting to see this thing on a full size hunting bow drawing 60 plus pounds.
Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts