Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I knew I was running late at the range on our membership and wanted to get a few trips in before it expired.....cost $60.00 to RENEW as it had expired on the 6-10-18, didn't use it much last year due to my hip issues. THIS years is going to be different!
The wife and I took up positions at 25 yds, she is still new when it comes to "her" firearm, which she claimed as hers after shooting it for the first time a year or so ago.....never thought I'd lose a firearm THAT quick! We spent about 2 hours there...still new but I don't want to be in front of that muzzle. Some pics of her targets.

Tree Cliff Plant Photography Aerial photography
Text Line Parallel Diagram Square
Text Diagram Target archery Parallel Shooting sport
Line Circle Parallel Diagram
Line Square Pattern Parallel

The first one was when we got there, had different Federal 22's in 50 ct packs so I can't account for consistent accuracy, none the less it was a good time and helped build her confidence in herself and ability to shoot.
As for me, I broke out the Glenfield "Golden 50" Model 65 which I picked up from a pawn shop on my birthday in 2007, thing didn't work very well until I stuck about $65.00 into it and got it up and shooting again, I bought a cheap wide view BSA 3-7x20 power scope which had the ocular threaded on wrong so if you turned it the crosshairs walked around in a orbitable pattern, got that squared away. So it sat waiting for me to pick it up and take her dancing, no excuses from me except that I haven't had nearly enough trigger time over the past 2 1/2 years.
Limit 5 pics so I'll start a new post.

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Model 65 and the BSA Scope
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Shotgun
Monocular Gun barrel

A couple of targets
Text Font Number Games
Text Font Circle Drawing

For grins I broke out the Wards-Westernfield Model 31A (Mossberg 40) with the wrong peep for it, it shot pretty good I thought. I don't know if I want to adjust it at all.
Air gun

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Wards going to town. At least I know where it's at @ 25 yds, forgot to mention on top of not being the correct peep, also missing the front blade bead. Fun!!
Green Circle

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Thanks for the story and pics! I need to get the Model 57M Levematic and Model 39A rimfires out to the range again!

Reactions: JACKTW

·
Administrator
30,788 Posts
Sounds like a good time to me! I find some range days are better than others but even a bad range day is better than work!!

Agreed, John. Even a bad range day have been known to provide some interesting memories. :flute:

Ditto to Jay, thanks for sharing and some good shooting to boot.

Jack

Reactions: Ret_Eng
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.