Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Some prayers please/

3K views 47 replies 38 participants last post by  Dawei 
#1 ·
I guess I could use some prayers if yall got time. I have been having problems with my right leg for about a year now. My last tour of duty in Montana/North Dakota ended with me being bit on the toes of my right foot by a brown recluse spider. I am type two diabetic and it was a near thing getting it healed up, nearly had to have my lower leg amputated and it took ten months to get the foot healed up. I also have 3 bad disc in my back and pain in my leg from psiatic nerve got confused with the neuropathy and now a clogged up artery in the same leg. Foot got infected a couple of weeks ago with the entire foot turning red and yellow up to the ankle requiring a trip to the emergency room for iv antibiotics and x-rays /blood work to see if bone infection or gangrene had set in. Two days later my Dr. sent me back to hospital for a sonogram on my leg to determine if it was a blood clot or artery blockage causing restricted blood flow to my lower leg. It turned out to be the artery so I go back Tuesday for a stress test on my heart to see if there is also blockage in heart arteries which will require repair before the leg can be stinted or whatever. After the stress test they will inject die into my blood and map my arteries to determine where the blockage is that is shutting off the blood to my leg. I have been off work for two weeks now and probably will be off for at least two more and the deductibles and co-pays are adding up to a lot of money while I aint bringing any money in due to being off of work. I got six people in this house including grandkids who depend on me to shelter and feed them so I need to get back to work as soon as possible. please pray that all this goes smoothly so I can get back to work. Thanks, Preacher Clem.

See less See more
#9 ·
Prayers sent.

Reactions: Sealed Servant
#16 ·
I know it's a terrible thing to be laid up with all those piny woods around you to hunt and fish.Where abouts do you live at in East Texas?I used to live in Kountze Texas and I love that Big Thicket country.I sure do miss it.

I pray that you get back on your feet soon.

#18 · (Edited)
HI Jack D. I live about twenty miles south of Longview out in the country. It's real pretty around here with lots of pine trees and oaks and cedars. I work outdoors doing oilfield construction and wouldn't know how to act doing indoor work. I'm still hobbling around some but definitely aint very mobile at the moment.I took my Harley out for a spin a couple of days ago though and enjoyed it. Weather has beenr eal nice here between thunderstorm fronts. It's thundering as I type now. We were planning to go to the black hills again this year on vacation but looks like I'm gonna have to burn my bacation to heal up this year.

#20 ·
Prayers sent SS, get well real soon.

#24 ·
God Bless you Clem...

Can't tell you have much I hate those darn fiddlebacks. Diabetes would really complicate the healing for sure.

Keep you chin - already know your faith is strong.
What is really irritating is that I spent ten months washing out the spider wounds ( he hit me three times while I was sleeping, twice on one toe and once on a different toe) soaking out the poison and cutting away the dead tissue, coaxing new tissue into growing to fill the holes which went clear to the bone, and just a month after they finally healed up I get hit with this new stuff in the very same foot and leg. I managed to keep working for all the months I was fighting the spider bites but no way I can work now till we get this resolved.

#23 ·
Prayers being sent your way Clem!!! Take care of yourself I understand that you have folks that depend on you to provide but they need you healthy to brother!!! You just worry about getting better!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.