Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been around for quite a while so I thought I'd post a few I picked up last year.

GEC B&T with Amber Bone scales and good ol carbon steel..
Had my eye on these for a couple years so I finally broke down last summer.
Great knife but I ended up making my own sheath because the factory offering is so big it kinda negates the idea of a B&T knife's handy, lightweight, utilitarian appeal IMO.

Another B&T (my favorite pattern) from Mike Miller out of OK.
Wasn't really in the market but he sent me a PM on another site offering it to me at a price I couldn't pass up.
Course, it don't take much arm twisting where me and B&T knives are concerned. :)

This one's from Dan Thomson (also out of OK).
He builds knives from 100+ year old files he buys from old New England factories.
Calls em " a tool from a tool".
Amboyna scales and brass liners (my idea). He wasn't sure about the brass liners but humored me and we're both glad he did.
He even said he plans on using them on some other knives down the road.

Anyway,,,, thanks for looking.
Charlie

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
They look Great Charlie! Very nice indeed....
Thanks for sharing.

BloodGroove4570

P.S.
Howz that 63' Texan 35 treating you? You take any critters with it?

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Great pics and thanks for sharing. I got up around 4 am this morning and decided to see if I could find Cutlery Corner knife show on TV. I like watching the show kind of soothing to the soul. I love Bowie knives and have purchased a couple from them. I love the bone handle ones.

·
Registered
20,512 Posts
Those sure are some sweet lookin' knives!:tee:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They all look great but I really like the one from Mike Miller. Super clean and well executed.
Good eye. He makes a he11 of a knife.
I have a soft spot for the GEC and it's 1095 steel too though. A heck of a knife for the price.
Here's a better pic of it.

I recently found an older BRK B&T with jigged bone scales that'll be here in a few days.
I'll post some pix when I lay hands on it.

Thanks to all for the kind words.
Charlie

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice, that last one is my favorite!

·
Registered
793 Posts
That first B&T is a really nice one, have one built on a similar pattern. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts