Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure it there is any interest or not, but thought I would give it try. 2010 Tear Drop Camper. approx. 15' long by 6' wide by 6' tall, dry weight approx. 1500 lbs. This tear drop was built with attention to detail and eye towards durability. I have a background in fabrication and woodworking, but am not a professional. It was built flowing a circa 1940-50's Benroy design with all new components. NOTE: It does NOT have a shower, sink or toilet. It has a 62" wide by 80" long sleeping compartment, with backrest, RV fan, lights, PC/IPAD movie viewing area and storage cabinets. Sleeps two adults more than comfortably. The rear kitchen area has storage for ice chest, water, cooking stove and camp supplies. This camper was designed for both off road/off grid camping or campgrounds. It has a deep cycle 12 v marine battery or 110 v shore power connection in a campground. We have gone over a week off grid and never run the battery down. A true 4 season camper, it has 2 in of rigid foam insulation on floor, sides and roof, it is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. A 1/2 ton axle with electric brakes, the list of quality parts goes on and on.
We are the original owners/builders and have a CD documenting the entire build, just in case you are wondering where a certain wire is or what's behind a certain piece of paneling or something. You can see more pictures in the DIY section of this forum. We are selling due to future plans to upgrade to a tow behind full size camper for retirement and enjoying those long winters someplace else besides the wet side of Washington state.
Asking price of $3600, that seems to be a fair price. I see other individually crafted tear drop trailers going any where from $2000 to $10,000 and I think ours is built as good as any.

I have a ton pics if you want more or you can go to the Do it Yourself section here in the forums:

DSC01850.JPG DSC01521.JPG camera 088.jpeg camera 098.jpeg camera 099.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Man that is sweet!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wow, that looks a lot better than the inside of my horse trailer!

Reactions: Mountain Hunter

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
I will give 50 bucks for it.
What would make you feel right about a post like that? I guess other members had enough will power to resist a reply to that nonsense but I guess I'm weak enough to ask why you wrote that?

·
Premium Member
11,161 Posts
I will give 50 bucks for it.
Thats the DUMBEST most INSENSITIVE reply to a serious post I've ever seen..........You should be ashamed of that!.........

That Builder/Owner has done a wonderful job in building that trailer, only to illicate a hurtful comment like yours from a faceless keyboard on the internet!

I think you owe Other Marlinowner members of this forum and Mountain Hunter an Apology!

How would you feel if that insensitive comment was directed at you, and something that you built?

Tom

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
That thing is really slick! Good luck on the sale, I have neither the funds or the garage space!

Reactions: GasGuzzler

·
Administrator
28,329 Posts
If ever there were one so deserving David.

Troy, good one!

Jack

PS. That is a very nice rig MountainHunter!

·
Registered
148 Posts
If ever there were one so deserving David.

Troy, good one!

Jack

PS. That is a very nice rig MountainHunter!
What he said! That thing is awesome! Nice work. Great build. I would buy it in a heartbeat if we needed one. We have a Jayco 5th wheel that we use now. Someone will want that since it was hand crafted.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Mountain Hunter ...

Great work :congrats:. I have seen these at outdoor shows and none of those had anything on what you built yourself. I really like it and hope you get a sale.

David ... :congrats:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Very nice, I have looked at a few of those but could never quite swing it . Good luck.

Reactions: GasGuzzler

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I have seen this in person and it's SWEET!

Best of luck with the sale Mountain Hunter.

Cheers!
Ed

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Your on the wrong coast for me, one of lifes mysteries is why the best bargins are always so far away.

Reactions: mr surveyor

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think it's a great looking camper...just short on funds at the moment. Looks like you really did an awsome job on that camper.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts