Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who have offered your knowledge and advice. It's been very helpful! I recently got my first Marlin in a trade, a 1965 336 in 44 mag. - a rather scarce one from what I understand.

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on a nice, slim, padded carry case to fit this rifle. I don't plan on mounting an optic, and I'd like something I can carry on my shoulder. The only thing close I've found is from Boyt. Any thoughts?

· Registered
2,070 Posts
A heavy weight gun sock will provide protection, with less bulk than a gun case.
Andrew
For iron sights at least/
Keeps the Gun-Safe/Room dings and scratches off your beauties.
Easy off and on or even half off when your working.
They also protect the un-socked scoped rifles.

· Banned
54 Posts
OpticsPlanet sells a great non-scoped 40” case at a fair price and 10% first order.

I would also recommend a silicone treated sock.

That is a beautiful rifle and worth the investment of protection.

Boyt Harness GC97WC Alaskan Shot Soft Gun Case, 40in Small

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OpticsPlanet sells a great non-scoped 40” case at a fair price and 10% first order.

I would also recommend a silicone treated sock.

That is a beautiful rifle and worth the investment of protection.

Boyt Harness GC97WC Alaskan Shot Soft Gun Case, 40in Small

Thanks Juliet Mike that's actually the exact Boyt case I was looking at. I'd love to get an American made case, but there aren't many I've found in this size and configuration.

· Registered
276 Posts
A heavy weight gun sock will provide protection, with less bulk than a gun case.
Andrew
For iron sights at least/
Keeps the Gun-Safe/Room dings and scratches off your beauties.
Easy off and on or even half off when your working.
They also protect the un-socked scoped rifles.
I like gun socks for transport as well. Their light weight, roll up easy, take up little space in my pack and meet the game law requirements when going to & from stand in the dark.
There are larger models for scoped rifles/AR's and long ones for shotguns.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like gun socks for transport as well. Their light weight, roll up easy, take up little space in my pack and meet the game law requirements when going to & from stand in the dark.
There are larger models for scoped rifles/AR's and long ones for shotguns.
Just ordered a case and gun sock, so I should be set now:) Thanks for the input!

· Banned
54 Posts
I have a few of those BOYT cases that you bought.
The only downside was the case came with a cotton webbed sling/handle.

I swapped mine oit with 1-1/4” Buffalo Hide Slings found on Ebay from Amish craftsman for $25/each including shipping.

No modification necessary, just cut the cloth one loose and swap out.

Be sure to get 1-1/4” width because 1” is too narrow!

Sorry for photo quality, still at work. The photos came out slightly “wavy” using Panarama on phone.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.