Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Both could be a disaster in a long term relationship, how about some personality and brains and character.

I've known beautiful women who were so envolved in themselves to the point they thought they were the only game in town...wrong.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Personality is my first choice especially in a long term relationship. I have seen a lot of pretty women but they have the disposition of a rattlesnake and most seem to be stuck on themselves(a real turn-off). Give me a big ole ******* gal with a new bass boat, chews tobacky, wears camo all the time, thinks a 10ga. shotgun is a peashooter, keeps 2 refrigerators full of cold Budweiser all the time, fielddresses and drags out her own deer, elk, and moose and I am in 7th heaven. I almost forgot, it would help if she had a full size Hummer with a set of them big old big-foot mud-gripper tires as an added bonus. :shock:

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
That all depends on which one likes guns & dead animals, fishing & sleeping on the ground, cutting firewood. Things like that. Thats if I wanted to keep her anyway. :D I got pretty lucky when I found my wife. She might not like all the above but she sure tolerates it good. Aint bad lookin either IMO :D

·
Banned
461 Posts
I've got to agree with the rest of the group so far. If she doesnt' have character, brains and a personality, she's not got a damn thing that would interest me :? Shallow will leave you disappointed and wanting in the long run...

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Its what is inside that counts.. the rest is superficial ... I prefer natural to man made..

·
Super Moderator
15,894 Posts
RomanCandle said:
between a pretty face or a nice body on a member of the opposite sex which one would you choose?
It isn't PHYSICAL; It's EMOTIONAL. :roll: :shock: :wink:

To illustrate; I'm DEEPLY IN LOVE WITH MY WIFE. TO ME SHE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD. NOW GET THIS:
I DON'T LOVE HER BECAUSE SHE IS BEAUTIFUL; SHE IS BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE I LOVE HER :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personality is the most important thing to me too but I've always felt that people wanted to be with me for other reasons which is why I've gotten jaded.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Personality, commonalities, and then visual appearance. Maybe the first 2 could be reversed. As to the last, I think I'd pick a happy compromise all other things being equal.

·
Banned
461 Posts
Dear RC, I would think by now that you would have figured men out. First and foremost, men want sex 24/7. (sex - your other reason) If you think that looks and/or sex are what would keep a man for a lasting relationship, you are wrong. Looks will get you laid and sent on your way. Especially if she doesn't have a personality or the intelligence to carry on a decent conversation that's worth anything. It takes about a minute to figure a woman out when it comes to that. One head game from her and she's only good as a boy toy with the novelty wearing out fast. If she wants to pi$$ off a man, she's a prick tease (another form of head game). Sort of a sign of immaturity or disrespect to him.

Now if she's looking to find a man (a keeper) she had better be upfront, honest, no games and very serious in her commitment to him. It is a mutual responsibilty for both parties when it comes to that, so make sure he is on the same page as you.

Looks play a small part when it comes to a good relationship. Take into consideration that age and gravity aren't our friends. After you hit a certain age mother nature shows her ugly side and slacks off on keeping a us trim, fit and "good looking". We still can find decent people to have good, long lasting relationships with and can deal with our faults (looks wise).

It is true that beauty is only skin deep. I hope that helps you understand a little better.[/i]

·
Registered
719 Posts
no! you young whipper snappers!

"beauty is only a light switch away" :wink:

how many guns will she let you have~or better yet....does she have any?
and the ol 'family' thing....get a woman....get her family! :cry:

all in all.....ain't no two women alike, but if ya turn em upside down, thay are ALL redheads! :p

·
Registered
729 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts