Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had found an older '71 model on Gunbroker, fellow had managed to put a pistol grip butt stock on the straight tang & lever, odd looking. price was OK, as I wanted the 24" blued barrel, had everything lined up, had to go to a meeting, and "BAM" outbid again,ha! It would be frustrating if it wasn't so funny; after all, all "is" fair in love and war and bidding on Marlins! Looks like I'll be playing around with my new to me 1895. I have won a few rifles on Gb, but been sniped about 4X on 444's, must be a jinx ( or the devil?) Pet Peev? Guns with a low 'starting price", but when you bid that amount it comes back "doesn't meet the reserve"...cheez, how about "starting close anyhow" FTF is waaaaay better, just not always doable. So no 290 Beartooths for me this year. Sorry CWO Dawei...

·
Super Moderator
16,662 Posts
preacher said:
Well, I had found an older '71 model on Gunbroker, fellow had managed to put a pistol grip butt stock on the straight tang & lever, odd looking. price was OK, as I wanted the 24" blued barrel, had everything lined up, had to go to a meeting, and "BAM" outbid again,ha! It would be frustrating if it wasn't so funny; after all, all "is" fair in love and war and bidding on Marlins! Looks like I'll be playing around with my new to me 1895. I have won a few rifles on Gb, but been sniped about 4X on 444's, must be a jinx ( or the devil?) Pet Peev? Guns with a low 'starting price", but when you bid that amount it comes back "doesn't meet the reserve"...cheez, how about "starting close anyhow" FTF is waaaaay better, just not always doable. So no 290 Beartooths for me this year. Sorry CWO Dawei...
Well if you purchase some of this years Raffle tickets - PROBLEM SOLVED!

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
FredT said:
With the 15 minute rule on GB there is no reason to ever lose unless you choose to let it be so.
That's true. It's just how much do you want to spend? I saw that gun you bid on and you were wise to let it go.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FredT said:
With the 15 minute rule on GB there is no reason to ever lose unless you choose to let it be so.
That would be true only if I could figure out how to be in two places at one time! :p (
And you're right hal, it was going to turn into alot more money than I wanted to come up with. I like the looks of the slender stocks and two bands, but prefer the pistol grip and a 24" barrel. Oh well, some day.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
There was several t4s for sale on our own siye ! I know mine was one of them !! No bites so it went back in the safe :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.