Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Park Manager where I live mentioned he had a 30-30 that he didn't want anymore, so I said bring it on over. It was a very nice, only a couple dings on the stock, 336. It had a big Bushnell Sportview....a 3x9. The first thing I did after I got it was take off the scope. Too much scope. I got the 336 and the scope for two bills. Seems like a good deal to me. What is the scope worth....I think I might try to sell it and the mount that was on the rifle. I shot it this afternoon. I had to file the lowest notch to get the POI down where it needed to be, but she printed a almost clover leaf at about 75yd off the bed rail of the truck. It's a keeper. Like I said, anyone have any idea what the scope is worth.....it's for sale with the rings and base.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Here is the page to check at Midway http://www.midwayusa.com/ go to optics in the right hand side and click on variable then 3x9. Looks like they have some at about $69 new for at least one model.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Now Tubby,

You weren't by any chance holding a gun on your park manager were you? :lol:

Way to go,

Dave

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VTDW said:
Now Tubby,

You weren't by any chance holding a gun on your park manager were you? :lol:

Way to go,

Dave
Nope.........I told him he could do better putting it in the paper, and could do a lot worse taking it down to a gun store. I'm pleased with the deal. Didn't really need this one, but now I have an extra in case the GG goes belly up before a hunt or a buddy needs something to hunt with. Looked up the Ser# and it's an '89, so there's no value there........just a nice gun.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
If the scope is in good shape, I generally sell them for around $35-$40 used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts