Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been after one since I got the 1895CB. I had it over at the gunsmith that lives just down the road from me and told him my next Marlin would be a 30-30. He asked me if I'd ever seen an RC or "Texan" ? I had not.......... just the newer CB's. He had one of each and would not part with either one.
I decided I like that more than the CB............. for right now. Still might have to get a CB later on, but right now I have it covered.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fish, I don't know how to do it. I started a photo bucket account but I guess I'm just one of the old generation
that can't get the hang of it.
I had a tough time doing the cowboy riders.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
POP, I hear you loud and clear about the tech stuff. I tried photobucket thing. I found out that where I save my photos there are optional things ( at the top) you can do, one of them is compressing those big files. I don't even know how to explain it by I got my Calavera photo to transfer to the site (look to the left!). I just discovered it. Doodle around in you photo folder, you might find the right tool, or else some sympathetic person out there will take pity on both of us and explain it better than I could!
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Glad I lost it to someone who will really appreciate it.
I have several older pre microgroove straight stocked RCs already,
(though I actually prefer pistol grip stocks.)
and they simply LOVE hard cast bullets sized .311 or .312.,
gas checked and pushed by 25-26 grains of Reloader 7.
Hurts my head what they're going for, but they're still the best value on the market.....usually.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you..................
I'm going to enjoy it on long range side matches.
I don't know about using gas checks though. I'll ask some of the shooters about that on our forum.

That 45-70 I got a couple weeks ago drops 32" at 200 yards so the 30-30 might just be my go to gun
over that distance if it will hit or rather I can make it hit out past 200 yards.

Well, It still hasn't arrived yet not sure if I should start worrrying or what................
** Monday, June 27, 2011....... got it and it was worth the wait. This ole gal is tight as the day she came home with
the first owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts