Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gun Firearm Rifle Air gun Trigger
Hi. Just picked up my 1894 cs. Made in 1984 i believe. It appears to be walnut, but has no checkering- i thought the 1894's had the checkering? Btw the action seems flawless

Attachments

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Some have checkered stocks & some don't. I don't care for em myself. I like smooth furniture.
Wish the pics were showing up, there's some that are & some that are not right now. ?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I’m having the same problem viewing. Smooth all the way! I don’t think any of the earliest 1894C’s had checkering...am I correct on that??

·
Registered
19,756 Posts
What's the deal about being FORBIDDEN access to see the pics you posted? I don't expect you to know - just a general question. I don't understand.
I can't access the pictures. A notice appears saying I am forbidden to see the attachments because I "don't have permission to access". Maybe it's our site. I'm now forbidden to see pictures I myself posted. Strange new development.

·
Administrator
30,769 Posts
i apologize for the photos i cant figure out what is wrong
Definitely not anything you're doing, it's a site glitch and I've contacted VS Support regarding the matter. Hopefully, they'll get it fixed quick!

Jack

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
My early 1894 .357 has the smooth wood that I love. Not sure what year they started the checkering, but I also had an '81 that was smooth. My '81 44 mag is also smooth. My 1894 CL has checkering (forget what year it is) and it's ok, I just like the smooth better.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
View attachment 718528 Hi. Just picked up my 1894 cs. Made in 1984 i believe. It appears to be walnut, but has no checkering- i thought the 1894's had the checkering? Btw the action seems flawless
The bullseye indicates walnut stock. I see it in the middle photo, but it is missing in the upper and final....trick photography?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.