·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
Yummmy! :eating:

Reactions: OLSKOOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any chance you would share your plans with the rest of us? I think I've got the general idea from looking at your photos, but some sketches and deminsions would be appreciated--specifically the smoke outlet of the smoke house and if it's insulated etc.
Thanks,
olcop

·
Super Moderator
14,099 Posts
Nice and for sure old school. I like the clay thimble. I remember back when they were used in houses all the time. These days a insurance underwriter would have a heart attack if they got a inspection report with one running through the wall of a house.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
The plans were in my head, lots of room not much else in there...
My plans come from the same place.

I should have taken some pictures last fall. We were at a place called Horne Creek Historical farm near Pilot Mt. That's MT Pilot if you watch The Andy Griffith show! They have a small log smokehouse with stone firebox outside with a horizontal stone flue running thru it on the floor. Most of the smoke comes out the opposite end. The stone flue keeps a good low smoking temp inside. I'm partial to log buildings since I built one to live in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.