Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midway had CCI-500 primers in stock today for over 2 hours.
however, they were limited to one brick of 1000 per household
since you could only order 1000, that put the price rather high when you add the shipping and haz-mat cost without being able to offset it with a larger order
that put the price at $109.00 per thousand delivered.
I reluctantly ordered 1000 today only because my stock is getting low, in the past, before the shortage, I always ordered at least 10,000 to offset the haz-mat fee
I understand why they put a limit, but it will sure be nice when you can order in bulk again, I was actually surprised that they lasted that long, after I placed my order for 1000,I keep checking to see how long they lasted. I am sure you could have combined other primer sizes with it if they were in stock, but I am stocked up on other sizes and didn't want to take a chance on being sold out before I got my order in, as I am ok on all other sizes.
with the Remington plant back up and running, maybe things will get better in the not to distant future.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Premium Member
16,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These days are gone, never to return. 😔

View attachment 859118

At least the supply chain seems to be flowing again.
when I first started reloading in the mid '70's, primers were .75 cents a hundred or $6.90 per 100

last large order I placed from Midway approx 2 years ago, they were on sale for about $33.00 a thousand plus CCI had a factory rebate (don't remember how much the rebates were but it was a healthy rebate)

·
Premium Member
16,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the last time I saw primers available on the shelf at local shops, they were 39.99 per thousand and that was very early 2020 before corona virus was announced

fortunately I picked up a few thousand at that time

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I don't even remember how long ago I purchased that box of primers. I would guess sometime around 1986? - the first time I needed LRP's for a .30-'06.

The M700 is long gone but the primers remain.

·
Registered
433 Posts
As of 9/15/21 at 0704 CST Midway has CCI #34 primers. I just scored 1000 of them. They were $112 and change. Not cheap but now I have more primers than projectiles. That makes me feel better:).

Reactions: ballistics04

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well as of 9/15/21 at 1007 CST all of the large rifle are gone but they have Federal and CCI lLarge Pistol Primers and CCI #11 precussion caps.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I agree, the problem is when you need them you will pay the price or you won't reload. Before this year it had been several years since I had purchased Large Rifle Primers (I had a good supply). and they were much less expensive. I was in possesion of more projectiles than primers, so I paid the price. Bottom line, we will never see those prices again. Hold out if you want, sooner or later you will run low as I did then you can make the call one way or the other yourself. I prefer to keep reloading.

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
Primers will more than likely never go back to pre-covid prices. I picked up 1,000 small pistol primers from Midway a couple months ago because I was down to just 100. Today I ordered 1,000 large pistol primers because I'm down to just 300. Even the price of bullets has gone up since July or August. We are all hopeful that prices for components come back down, but it doesn't look realistic at this point in time.

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
It appears CCI is making primers. Their LPP sold out yesterday, and today they are back in stock, along with LP mag primers and #34 primers. I got mine yesterday, so have at it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts