Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making I truck gun out if a little single shot handi rifle, (.223) ..cutting barrel down to 16.5 inches...so I should like a small scope ,short and lightweight...any suggestions....I'm not really thinking of a red dot...want a little more range...I've read they are not much past seventy-five yards...a peep would be a better option for that distance for me........dont misunderstand, it's not that I'm a long range guy...most shots would be a 100 yards... probably nothing over 200... Thanks....

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm partial to the low-power variable 20mm objective scopes made by Leupold for the ranges you've described. Good quality, yet their price won't break the bank.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
Either a Leupold 1-4x or a Vortex Diamondback 1.75-5x are my favorites for most Marlins, brush rifles, and on most any rifle that I need handling more then magnification.

Reactions: miket156

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
I have grabbed a couple 1970s Leupold M8 2.5X scopes for cheeep. Quality of the scope is better than much of what Leupold makes today plus the warranty is still good on 'em.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
I have grabbed a couple 1970s Leupold M8 2.5X scopes for cheeep. Quality of the scope is better than much of what Leupold makes today plus the warranty is still good on 'em.
And here I was.......just expecting you to say to get a Redfield 2-7x!!!!!!! :flute: :rofl:

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Premium Member
10,542 Posts
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Gun Optical instrument Monocular Trigger Air gun

I am "olskool" I like the vintage steel tube USA made Burris mini scopes. the one on my glenfield 30GT is a 4X the one on my ruger RS is a 1 3/4X5 I have three of those. these scopes are light strong and clear as any Leupold. I would search EBAY if you want one like them. they beat anything china or Filipino made hands down,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
And here I was.......just expecting you to say to get a Redfield 2-7x!!!!!!! :flute: :rofl:
Well--he said small and light weight--can't think of any scope much smaller than a M8 2.5X---LOL!

Reactions: Click Click Boom
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.