Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I adopted a new Model 60 DLX from Cabela's last week. Would like to put a sling on it. The DLX already has the studs installed... does anyone know if the Uncle Mike's Quick Detachable Super Sling Swivel Set will fit the OE studs?

These are the swivels I'm looking at:
Uncle Mike's Quick Detachable Super Sling Swivel Set

For a sling, I think this was recommended by guys here or at Rimfire Central, can't remember which. Looks like a decent sling at a decent price. Comments/input/experience welcome.
Classic Rifle Sling - The Leatherman Traditional Leather Goods Inc Store

This is a budget build, but at the same time I don't want crappy hardware that makes using the gun a pain or annoyance. I'm coming from the AR world, and I have an old Swiss K31 that I love, but this is my first Marlin and first "traditional style" wood-stocked gun that will be getting any mods/parts, hence I have questions. The K31 is untouched. The Model 60 is for small varmint control on the ranch, so I want a sling, Nikon Prostaff scope (probably the fixed 4x32), good rings, and I'll probably give the trigger surfaces inside a good working over to smooth out the gritty pull. Did some searching, but all I could find was people installing the Uncle Mikes studs and swivels as a set. The 60 DLX has the studs... I just need to know what swivels will fit, or if they are more or less universal.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Those will work. The sling you list is 1" where the swivels attach, just make sure you get the right size swivels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'll report how she shoots once we get a break in the weather. The Pacific NorthWet (yes, that is spelled deliberately) is living up to its name this weekend. Supposedly 6-12" of rain due in the mountains here east of Portland over the course of the weekend. Next week will hopefully give me some breaks I can do some sighting in and plinking. :) I have a little stash of cans set aside just for that... and a couple paper targets for an initial sight check.

Only ammo I have is a brick of the Thunderbolt. That's all Cabela's had in stock... and that was stuff I found out they set aside for gun buyers, because the shelves out front were completely devoid of 22LR. I'm gonna check a couple local places with a lot less foot traffic in their hunting sections, see if I can get a couple other varieties to test. I see from other users on here that individual guns can have a really strong preference for one ammo over another.

Anyway... Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts