Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some sling swivels for the Pardner pump. I need the type with the stud through the magazine cap that tightens using a nut, and on the buttstock I have an insert that I believe requires a machine screw. I have not been able to find anything like it. Called H&R and they told me "Uncle Mikes".... Thats all they could tell me... If anyone has seen something like this please post a link. Thanks folks! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That don't work cause it has a wood screw for the buttstock. Mine is synthetic with an insert and I believe it requires a machine screw. I contacted H&R again and got someone who appears to care this time. He was stumped. Took my phone # and address and said he would try and find out. Nice of him. Wonder if I will hear back from them? They should just add the dang things at the factory and save me from irritated roids.... ::)

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
H&R uses a wood screw type swivel stud in all of their stocks, wood or synthetic, they look just like the one in the Uncle Mike's pic, I have over 40 H&R rifles with them, over a dozen synthetic, they use the same stud in the forends as well. The pump forend would use a different stud, of course. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quickdtoo said:
H&R uses a wood screw type swivel stud in all of their stocks, wood or synthetic, they look just like the one in the Uncle Mike's pic, I have over 40 H&R rifles with them, over a dozen synthetic, they use the same stud in the forends as well. The pump forend would use a different stud, of course. ;)

Tim
No, no they don't I'm afraid. I bought the sling swivels and they had the wood screw for the buttstock. It doesn't fit. It has fine threads for a machine screw. So, monday I call H&R again and beg..... Again...... ::)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm now positive it takes a 1/2" dome screw. The 7/8" I had fit but was too long. I dashed onto Brownells and ordered some. Hope it fits. If it does I will have some spares and that's a good thing as I plan on buying more of these shotguns.... ;D Gadzooks, I wish H&R would just put them on at the assembly point. I've spent a small fortune on tums and roid cream..... :eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hooray! They worked! I now have slings on both shotguns.... ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh, I'm feeling happy feet coming on!!! Whoo Hoo! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would you happen to have a link for the ones you used? I have been wanting to pick them up for my 12 gauge but no one seems to know which ones to buy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the parder pump part list you can order number S03487, which is the magazine cap with stud for your 12 gauge shotgun. This part list came from the direct download area of the H&R website pertaining to which gun you own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts