Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for sling mounts for a 1960 SC? The rear mount is a no brainer and I'll stay clear of the bullseye with the screw, but how/where does the front bracket mount?

If anyone has a specific recommendation for the best mounts and vendor, I'd love to have it.

I spent some time on Midway and Numrich, but wasn't sure if what they had would work on an SC.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there Night Wasp -- Uncle Mike's makes a split band that clamps to the magazine tube. I like them, especially for somewhat odd installations like on my 1873 Winchester. You'll have to sort out a vendor and price on your own. Good luck. Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you are going with a magazine band front just measure the diameter of the magazine and order the appropriate sized. This one I just put on a 1950 mfg. 336A in 35 Remington.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=515599

Just a tip with these split clamp sets, I clean and degrease the area where the magazine clamp goes then put Loctite 609 on the surfaces before clamping them down. That is for pressed surfaces and in liquid is a translucent green which dries almost clear when cured.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Mine looks like in the one in Halwg's picture. Those forend tips with the built in swivel are the way to go. Not sure if they came that way in certain years of production or if that is an aftermarket addition. My used SC came that way.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I think I'll go with the fore end swivel. It looks perfect. They are backordered at Midway, but I can wait. I appreciate the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts