Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I really went and did it yesterday. I drove off with my briefcase on the roof of my vehicle. It fell off and I drove right over it. The briefcase was worthless anyway. And all of the contents were crushable except for one. A G.I. issue 1911A1 it pretty worn shape. I was taking it in to have the slide and frame tightened before I rebuilt it. Well, no need now. I guess in the course of running over the briefcase I also ran over the 1911 inside the briefcase. That tightened it right up! LOL! :) I was shocked. I went home and rebuilt the gun and it shoots great! I've been shooting it all day and not a misfire. Very accurate as well. I put a Caspian throated barrel in it. Along with a Wilson full length guide rod. The lock and trigger group are all Wilson. And I custom fit the barrel bushing. A set of BoMar sights tops it off. Not bad for what was once a government throw away! :)

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Well, good thing it wasn't a pizza! :lol: I don't think it would have fared as well.

Since I also have a "loose" 1911, give me more details. Do you need to execute a sharp turn? Back -up over it? Was it over dirt or pavement?
How much padding was a round the gun? What kind of vehicle? Don't want to over do it! How silly did you feel until it turned out OK? :oops:

·
Registered
121 Posts
A Caspian "throated" barrel? :roll:
Are you trying to say a ramped barrel? Or has Caspian started cutting thier chambers for a new bullet profile?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OOPS! I didn't mean throated or ramped. I meant to write threaded! That shows how long I've had this barrel sitting around. You can't even buy threaded barrels anymore! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts