Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the rear site adjustable for windage? I have moved the front site as right as possible but it still is 4" right at 100 yards...I don't want to scope it and I don't know if any scope will have enough adjustment to make up the discrepency-8 to 10" at 100 before moving the front site.......I also talked to someone about removing the grenade launcher but they said it is permanently pinned to the barrel....I don't know if this is true...I don't mind it but can't stand the cheesy bayonet that is integral to the set up...aside from that all the gun operates flawlesssly(so cheap to shoot!) and looks great and breaks down so easy(ps...wolf is raising it's ammo prices..ordered a case myself from sportsmansguide.com)...I wish my Ruger 10-22 and BRNO 611 were this easy

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Churchillman,

I'v got a Russian SKS & havent had the problem you do with windage, but looking at the gun I'd say only the front sight is adjustable for windage.
Cant remember where but I'v seen after market sights for it that I think are adjustable for both windage & elevation.

Never tried scoping mine either mostly because the setups I'v seen replace the dustcover with one with a mounting system on the top & every SKS I'v handled had play on this part that I would think would make it a useless place to mount a scope.

That aside I have not seen a need either as I use mine for killing bowling pins & cans & such, at which it excells with iron sights.

I havent got a gernade launcher on mine but do have the blade bayonette.
Mine came off relatively easy & I find it hard to believe that other accesories such as a gernade launcher would be permanantly mounted on the gun. If its held on by a pin drift the pin out, but I would tend to think its bolted in place somehow.

pappa bear,

An SKS is a commie semi auto that was made by just about every country under Russian influence at one time or another. Its been more or less obsolete since the advent of the AK47 which fires the same round, but suprisingly enuff alot of countries made them well after the AK was developed & may still be making them. I Believe the Russians still use them for drills & such ocasionally.
Its not a Marlin & the only lever on it is for breaking it down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[email protected]

I did move the front site right as the poi was too far right.....just asking if the rear site is windage adjustable....doubt it though...........maybe a Lymans or Williams rear site would be the ticket...I know williams makes a ghostring/peepsite for it.........REALLY like the gun....anytime you can get a new semi in 30cal centerfire for less than 200$ and is rediculously cheap to shoot and clean...well you gotta bite

·
Banned
71 Posts
The rear sight isn't adjustable. If you can't drift the front sight enough then a scope would advisable. The newer dust cover mounts are pretty good as you have to fit them. You can shim a scope enough to make the 8" at 100 yds but just barely. You can take the grenade launcher off and the bayonet also. Mine was off by 1" at 100 yds and I could drift the front sight enough. Go to Gunboards.com and you can get a lot more info as the have a SKS group. Mark

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Doh! Yep, if the shot hits right you gotta move it left. Sorry 'bout that.:oops: The Williams peep does have windage adjustability. I have one on my Norinco and like it. Notch sights do not work with my tired old eyes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts