Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, thinking about ordering one of the above to go with the rear tactical sight - detail on the Skinner site states these front tactical sights can be altered to gain correct elevation. Does any one have any experience with this front sight - I would appreciate any and all comments.

Thanks and regards.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Sold my winged "Brockmans" and replaced the front w/ a "Skinner" tact front. It's a solid, well built site. Lots of adjustment (elevation) up front, I don't regret the change at all!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Middle post on the front sight is a threaded screw. Most likely Parson will send it to you a little longer than is necessary, and you can file it down to the appropriate size.

To adjust it, i've found that some needlenose pliers wrapped in electrical tape work well to turn the middle post.

I'm quite fond of mine as well. Pictures of mine: http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,92000.0.html

·
Registered
102 Posts
this tactical front looks awesome. how much are the adjustments on the front site? in my 1894c, it is set up with a front site for 38s, but i cant adjust to get a zero with hot .357 with the typical skinner rear sight, but maybe with both i could. interesting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the commenst guys - one question thou, when you have screwed the post up or down to the correct height can you lock it in place or would you need to use Locktite??

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts