Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at Henry's Frontier 22lr with a 24" barrel for rimfire silhouette. Henry recommends Skinner sights. I am wondering if anybody has any experience with them and if the elevation adjustments are easy and repeatable for silhouette shooting.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
I have them on my 39A and they work great. But I think they would not be good if you want to keep making adjustments for elevation. It can be done, but you would need to loosen the set screw each time. I don't shoot silhouette either.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strugl4

Did you have to drill and tap the receiver. I didn't see any screws in the pics I was looking at.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I also just picked up a 24" octagon Henry Frontier. The receiver top is grooved for a 22 scope mount. Williams makes a FP target knob sight. I picked one up and added an old Redfield 1/2" front globe. The stock front post with brass bead covered all targets. The Williams Target model sight has a long enough vertical adjustment screw for you to use many front sight heights. BTW, the Golden and Silver do not have any D&T holes or the receiver top scope grooves.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also just picked up a 24" octagon Henry Frontier. The receiver top is grooved for a 22 scope mount. Williams makes a FP target knob sight. I picked one up and added an old Redfield 1/2" front globe. The stock front post with brass bead covered all targets. The Williams Target model sight has a long enough vertical adjustment screw for you to use many front sight heights. BTW, the Golden and Silver do not have any D&T holes or the receiver top scope grooves.
That sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a skinner sight on mine not good for silhouette. I replaced it with the Williams receiver style sight that clamps on the rail an required a higher front sight very much better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts