Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking at putting Skinner Express sights on my made before the crossbolt safety came out 336.
Have anyone had good results with them?

Thanks

·
Banned
869 Posts
Do some searching around on this site using keyword "skinner" and you will probably find hours of reading and tons of info. A lot of guys/gals love them.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have several set of Skinners and I love them! However, I would add that it depends on what type of shooting you are going to do. I have Skinners on my 1895 guide gun, 39M, and did have them on one of my 336's in 30-30, however I just had to remove that one, as I am dissembling that rifle and having it sent in for some chamber work. For hunting where we live the skinners are about perfect, very rugged, never lose their zero, they are not going to break, and mine work pretty good in low light. (not as good as a scope, nothing is as good as a scope in low light conditions). they are very fast to get lined up and on target. If you have not shot with aperture or peep sites it might take a few times to get the hang of it. But peeps or aperture sites are what all the militaries use across the globe. Sorry no pictures of my 336 with Skinners on it. But here are a couple of other pictures:

Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Shotgun Gun Rifle Firearm Shooting sport Trigger

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Really like the skinners. I'm a convert.

Brocky

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Skinners are a compliment to any Marlin! Try them, and I doubt you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Like mountain hunter said, depends on what you're doing and how good your eyes are! I know a lot of folks shoot 200+ yards with their levers! it just hunt in the woods with mine, so peeps and fire sights are perfect. If I'm expecting to take longer shots a take my bolt or encore with scopes. That's just my preference. I could not ethically take a shot on an animal past 75 yds with my peeps, but others with more practice and better eyes can.

I'm happy enough with my skinners that's the only peeps I use on my marlins.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love the Skinner peep. Just keep in mind you may need taller front sight. Hard to say how tall but get a Patridge blade that you file down to sight in. A little cold blue and you're good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts