Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
HOLY COW!! Congratulations on that great find and purchase. Skeeter was a one of a kind!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
WOW! I am absolutely stunned! That's got to be one of the greatest finds/purchases of all time!
I have a collection of Skeeter's stories about him and Joe and Dobe Grant. He "enlightened me to the wonders of feeding cast bullets (Lyman #358156) to my 1st .357 mag.
I concur with all above - Skeeter would absolutely encourage you to shoot that revolver!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I'm betting Mr. Bill had a bit of extra care put into his buddy Skeeter's revolver......

·
Premium Member
18,171 Posts
My first 41 Mag was a Redhawk, a 7-1/2" monster with scope cuts, and I used a 2x Burris as soon as I could afford it, but before that I shot bonafide 1/2" 25-yard groups with too much 2400 and cast 220-grain bullets. How cool that you have something with Skeeter's DNA all over it!

Maybe when the science is better we can use his old DNA to reproduce him, and make the world a better place.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Congrats!!! You can't beat a .41 Mag. for flat shooten!!!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven't taken a close up. In the above picture is the 1988 Certificate from the auction. In the lower right corner is the serial number. I contacted Bart, his son and he told me about the special Ruger to Skeeter serial numbers. This gun has it and it matches the auction certificate.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts