Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searching for a good CCW 9mm single stack DA/SA pistol that is less than $400.00. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Sure, a S&W 439. Mine is nickel, like new, flat and runs perfectly. Bought it used for quite a bit less than your budget. If you don't like the old school 439, you could try the Shield...I like it a lot too, but it's not a da/sa like the 439.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ruger LC9, however it is DA only. you just have to get use to the trigger pull, all in all nice little pistol.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Smith 3913. I have had one since around 1988, accurate, works every time, handles +p, easy to carry, and unlike most current tiny nines is very easy to look at. Smith got it right with this one.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Big fan of the S&W 39, slim, light, well crafted, reliable, dead accurate, this one a 3913, with bobbed hammer, night sites orange rear/green front.

20140428_132918.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,175 Posts
The S&W Shield will run about $400. and maybe a little less at the right place. The 39's I see online are over $400.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
Why DA/SA? Personally, and after some bit of training, I prefer a strictly DA (striker fired like the Kahr,) or SA (1911) for a carry piece. Not having to manipulate two 'different' triggers like a DA/SA auto... and I've shot a few... is far easier at The Moment of Truth. At least for me.

Following that logic, I would recommend the Kahr CW9, a 7+1 single-stack poly frame striker-fired auto. I carry it or a CM9 every day. Last one I bought was $380 on sale.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

I also like the S&W 3913 series pistols but they may be hard to find in your price range.You may be able to find a S&W Shield or a Glock 26 for around $400.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
If you can find one, there is also the SIG P225/P6 pistol. Nice little single stack 9mm.

Reactions: Starrbow
1 - 12 of 12 Posts