Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple Gun Rack (updated)

I've been wanting to make a rack like this for a while. It's not as secure a the gun safe, but will go nicely in my gun room and will help me be more organized. There is still more work to do on it, but it's looking good so far. It will be wall mounted when done.

20190411_171604.jpg

I got it stained, finished and mounted. I didn't try for a really nice finish because I wanted it rustic. I haven't attempted anything close to this in many many years, so I'm very happy with it.

20190421_104404.jpg

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That kind of rack is great inside a storage closet out of public view where you can also have a damp chaser heating rod to prevent rust.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That kind of rack is great inside a storage closet out of public view where you can also have a damp chaser heating rod to prevent rust.
Fortunately, the dry climate in New Mexico makes the rod unnecessary. A light coat of oil and occasional TLC is all that is required.

·
Premium Member
15,320 Posts
very nice work.

I have been drawing up something similar but it will be on wheels to roll around my gun room

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice rack! Have you considered running a chain through the levels or trigger guard? It may reduce tampering.
I thought about a bicycle cable. Still considering options.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,764 Posts
Now your 'soldiers' won't be tipping against each other. Glued felt in the contact points helps even more. Great job!

AC

1 - 20 of 28 Posts