Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Cabela's website this am checking out their Simmon's 22 MAG scope. I noticed it said there was a rebate so I downloaded it. The form said any product over $49.95 had a $30 rebate and the form came from Simmons not Cabela's. I called Cabela's and the operator thought, like I did, the form was universal. I then went to Optics Planet and the scope was $49.99, 4 cents over the minimum cost. So I ordered the scope. The reviews on this thing are amazing one guy saying it was as good as $150 to $200 scopes. With my luck something will go wrong. Maybe not.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I happen to have that scope on one of my 22 Mags and it works just fine.

Sure, it would be neat to have a much higher priced Leupold or other well known name brand, but those are not really in my budget or in my requirements.

I think you will be pleased with it.

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
I bought one on closeout at Farm and Fleet for $20 last fall. It was so nice I went back and bought the last two they had for the same price. Best deal going for the money.

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
Good deal. I see Gander has them also for the same price if you pick up in store. If you have shipped it is 5.00 shipping so you are better with the Optics Planet and the free shipping and just print the rebate from Cabelas or Gander.

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
I have a Simmons on my Ruger 10 22 takedown.Works just as good as the Nikon Rimfire on my 10 22 rifle.I can hit anything I aim at up to 100 yrds with either.Simmons is a great little scope.Been using them on my 22 rifles for years.

·
Banned
869 Posts
My experience wasn't as great with it. After just a couple shooting sessions, the windage dial just broke and fell off. I ordered and switched to a Nikon prostaff rimfire scope and it was a noticeable difference/increase in all around build and optics quality to me. I know a lot of people have had really good luck with the Simmons and other lower priced scopes... but I have had no such luck. It was my realization to never buy a cheap scope again.

If you decide to get one, I wish you luck. Many others have had good experiences. I think the bottom line is scopes on the lower end of the scale can be a bit of a toss up... and many people often end up replacing and upgrading them later down the line. I'd rather pay once... than pay more overall twice. YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
12,061 Posts
Slickguns posted one a few days ago the Simmons 3-9x 50 same deal.
I just mounted mine tonight and the build quality seems to equal or exceed the Bushnell Trophy series.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have one on my 39a and the other on my marlin 60. They are very good scopes and very accurate. I've had mine close to a year and never lost zero. You don't need am expensive scope Just a good one.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I have three or four 22's with the Simmons 22 Mag AO scopes that I've used several years now and never had a problem with them. I think a lot of people don't realize that the lower priced scopes of today are on par with the middle priced scopes of 20-30 years ago. Cheap in price doesn't always mean cheap in quality. I'm also using the Simmons 44 mag side focus scopes on a couple of 223's and a 17 HMR with excellent results. Any scope can go bad.....if they didn't then Leupold wouldn't need a warranty.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have had several of that exact same scope on various Marlin rimfires & I have never been disappointed .
Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts