Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a 39AS original golden .22 rifle that is in new never used condition. I know that to determine the year manufactured you usually subtract the first two numbers from 100. I have a 1975 model also that starts with the number 25. Some folks had told me that the newer rifles had a different way to tell...is there any truth to that? This new rifle has a serial number starting with 07. I'm sure there is probably a post on here discussing this but I can't seem to find it. It has the safety and checkered stocks. Sorry for the silly question but I knew someone here could help me. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
07 is a 1993 gun. The numbers worked the same way until just very recently with 91 prefixes. At that point production shifted to Remington in Ilion, NY and there are now numbers starting with MR.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response and the great info! I figured it had to be the same but I just wasn't for sure. So, I have a new 1993 model. I'm going to try it out today but I bet I'll still favor my 'ol 1975 39A. Thanks again for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts