Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure this has been covered but I am wanting to improve the sights on my camp 9 any suggestions or links will be apprieciated.

·
Registered
661 Posts
For those of us with "mature" eyes, focusing on both sights and the target hasn't worked in years I use a red dot. You can find one for less than $100. Keep both eyes open, when the dot gets to your intended point of impact touch the trigger. I have installed on three home defence rifles for family/friends after they try mine and have one more to go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use a BSA holographic red dot Works real good for me
If you go with a red dot you will want to get a picatinny base because the slots
on the weaver base are spaced to far apart for some sights

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got a Truglo red dot sight mounted on my 45. They're inexpensive and work good too. Truglo is a good company to deal with as well. My first one that I purchased at a gun show died. I assumed the battery was dead so I bought new ones and replaced it. Still no joy so I called Truglo in Texas. They told me to send it in and within 2 weeks there was a brand new one sitting on my doorstep. I like companies that stand behind their products. Mike

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have the tru-glo on my 9. I have'nt had any problem w/it so far, but the view is a little 'fishbowly'.
takes some getting used to but shoots accurate once dialed in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you live near Bass Pro Shops, they have the rails in the Gun Range area. They are from Weaver and cost $8.99 and made specificaly for the MARLIN MODEL 9 CAMP CARBINE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts