Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounted a Leupold VX1 with a DNZ scope mount on my 338me XLR. (did not bore sight it)
Shot low, now at 25yds, bullet holes are dead center. BUT, I am out of eleavation adjustment.
All I can think of is all this Barrel droop talk. I cannot see how or where the barrel is "drooping"

Is it my scope mount? Never used the DNZ before. I don't want to shim anything either.
Maybe I should try the Leupold mounts??

·
Registered
221 Posts
About a month ago, I received 2 XLR 338's and did the exact same mount. Both were the same way.

Try placing a yard stick across the top of the receiver and then compare that flat edge to where the barrel ends up. Mine barrel pointed downhill rather hard from that straight edge. I posted some pics a few weeks ago showing how my barrel dropped about 1/2"+ from where it should have been...aka Barrel Droop. It comes from, in my opinion, incorrect receiver drilling.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have the DNZ setup on mine and shoots great with plenty of room to spare so take that out of the equation best of luck to you.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Show Us some Pic's of the gun sideways and the top of the receiver and maybe we can determine if there's a problem. With My 338 you could see it big time. Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts