Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put Tect Sights on my marlin 70 this weekend. Got them sighted in but going to play with the rear sight as it cocked just a bit when I mounted it. I used a 1 inch bullseye at 25 yards. One shot went low but I was to blame for that. Going to mess with the mounting and sight it in again next weekend. I posted the last 3 targets I shoot after the final adjustments were made. This is my range Marlin so I dont mind tikering with the sights.
Gesture Finger Tints and shades Art Circle

White Textile Sleeve Grey Wood

Circle Font Wood Jewellery Art

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive lighting Rim Bicycle part Jewellery Fashion accessory

Automotive tire Bumper Bicycle part Automotive wheel system Automotive mirror

I noticed the rear peep hole was almost against the left side of the rear sight. I saw it was tilted to one side. I contacted Tech sights and they said some people have seen this issue. He mentioned a couple issues. One was quality control on the manufacturing of the receiver. To fix this he suggested a shin be placed to level the rear sight. I fashioned a shin and installed it. I attached 2 pictures. The pic from the rear was taken from the right side of the butt so the sight looks off a bit. From the rear it looks straight. I must say the customer service at Tech Sights were nice and helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started out using Winchester M22 but seemed to have some bad luck. A few ejection issues and a couple rounds sounded under powered. It is HV 1255 fps but some seemed off. I switched to CCI SV 1070 fps and went through a 50 round box with not one issue. I posted the last 4 targets I shot. These were on the 25 yard range.
Liquid Wood Art Circle Rectangle
Plumbing fixture Fluid Water Plumbing Bathroom
World Tints and shades Circle Monochrome photography Monochrome
Liquid Circle Art Monochrome photography Monochrome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts