Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am completely new to to the Marlin 336 and more use to modern guns and pistols. I just bought this one a few days ago. However I want to put on a really nice set of front and rear sights and I kinda want to keep it in brass because I want to keep it looking like an 1800's rifle so can you guys suggest a set of sights I can get? Show me what you like rather theyre peep sights or open or whatever as long as theyre very good quality, no night sites because I kinda want to keep it 1800's style like I said thanks guys!

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Welcome to MO from Michigans beautiful UP.

Look in the venders section of this Forum for Skinner sights. He will supply blue or brass sights or a comonation.

Others may chime in with other ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Welcome to Marlin. Look at the Skinner sights. Andy is a good guy to deal with and makes Quality sights. I like the Skinner Alaskan, I have one on my 336 XLR.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
With your mind set in mind and not knowing were or what type of area you might hunt in, Let me suggest a Peep-sight. It may not come in "brass" as you stated but it certainly gives it the look for yester-year.
There are several makers out so it sometimes goes down to what you like. Give The Williams F/S a look see. J s/n.

·
Premium Member
16,409 Posts
Hey 454,

Welcome to MO. Try this Marlin peep sights Mr. Larrson is great to deal with. Have one of his Express Sights on my 1895 CB. Easy to install, all parts included.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I love the Skinner Sights and not only are they very functional they look fantastic - check out my Zane Gray and my 39AWL with the SKINNER sights.

The ZG has the SKINNER GOLD EXPRESS and the GOLD (BRASS) FRONT SIGHT shown in the bottom picture . . . I have 66 YO eyes and never thought I would use peeps but they work great . . . .
Marlin 336ZG Skinner Gold Express and 39AWL Skinner Gold 2.JPG

Marlin 336ZG Skinner Gold Express Sights 1.JPG

Marlin 336ZG Skinner Gold Express Sights 5.JPG

GB45

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that didnt take long fellas, I ordered some skinner peep sights, exactly what I was looking for!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts