Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I was at my sisters boyfriends place and decided to really sight my rifles both my 45-70 and 30-30. Here is the 30-30 at 100yds with Winchester super X 150 grain using a bullbag rest.

30-30.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Good shootin buddy I would say your ready to fill a freezer!!!!

Reactions: mjadams61

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
looks good to me, ain't it fun when it all comes together. I stuffed some elmer keith loads of 400 gr speer over 53 grains of 3031 and at 125 yds looked a lot like your target. I grinned all day and then some. Most folks round here consider the 53 gr a bit too hot for the 1895, stout yes but wow on the accuracy..............

·
Registered
633 Posts
good shooten.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Good group!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
good shootin'

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was really proud of my 2" groups at 100, til I saw this. Nice shootin' partner.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Good job for both you and your rifle?

·
Super Moderator
13,464 Posts
Good shooting. Mine will do just about that if I play my part with the same ammo. My handloads obviously shoot tighter, but that aint something to complain about! That 150gr. powerpoint ammo is pretty good stuff. I shot a doe with it at 50 yards a few years ago and she didn't make it but about 10 yards... bleed out and no real meat loss to speak of. If I didn't like my 170gr. Sierras so much I'd load those powerpoints.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Last Friday I was at my sisters boyfriends place and decided to really sight my rifles both my 45-70 and 30-30. Here is the 30-30 at 100yds with Winchester super X 150 grain using a bullbag rest.

View attachment 104662
That's truly impressive! Most shooters prefer the 170 gr load. I don't mean to be picky, but is this grouping representative of the load and rifle? Does it repeat again and again?

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's truly impressive! Most shooters prefer the 170 gr load. I don't mean to be picky, but is this grouping representative of the load and rifle? Does it repeat again and again?
That size pattern yes it does with Winchester super x 150 grain.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can you do it again for the Match this year?

Ss
I really don't know, it all depends on the rules. Since I am still feeling the affects of my stroke I had in jan of this year I have to depend on a tripod or some type of bench rest like a bullbag to keep my rifle steady. I was able to before the stroke to do it freehanded so to speak but not now.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
What 'scope and power and mounts?

I am thinking about 'scoping my M1895 .45-70 and M336 .35 Remington. Just not sure about the power or variable range and make of 'scope. Will admit being partial to Leopold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts