Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody shot or does anybody own one of these? i shot one today that was total JUNK and was wondering if they all have these issues:
LOOOOOONG trigger pull, sloppy slide-frame fit, sloppy magazine, hammer wiggle side to side.
the only thing i found this thing had going for it was its accuracy, which i was able to keep 3 mags in a 6in circle at 15yds.

did i shoot a lemon today?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Is that the new ergonomic plastic looking thing they make now. I know everyone is making plastic guns now but sig needs to leave well enough alone cause I love their tried and true pistols that made them what they are today. I own 2 p220's and 1 sig 556 SCM and I wouldn't trade them or sell them ever.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, its a plastic frame. when you pull the trigger it even sounds clunky inside. I know the 220s and 226s are great guns, i was just wondering what happened.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
It seems like Sig has been having some quality and design issues lately...with their polymer guns and whatnot. I read a fairly detailed report a little while before I bought my H&K P30 by...I can't remember the agency... But the Sig did the worst out of all the pistols tested, I think it was the P250.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Money. they see all the money glock and springfield are making and they want in. The one complaint people had about sig was that if you have small hands then their guns were too big so they have been introducing new guns in the past 2 or 3 years with stuff like the smaller ergo grips, The p250, p238 and now the plastic frame full size guns. at least they still make the old stand bys like the 220 the 226 and the 229's

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
The Sig Pro/2340/ect series is about as BAD as the standard 220/226/229 series is good. They were out for several years trying out the early tupperware market. They've been gone for a bit now. I would NOT rate them as a defensive firearm and certainly not a LEO duty carry choice. Informal target and plinker.

Stick with the alloy framed regulars or if you want to use poly, grab yourself a P250.

The last Sig 2340 I dealt with was finally retired in favor of a much better XD(m). The guy even shoots it better. :)

Every now and again, there seems to be a Pro/2340/ect pop up that actually works. There are LOTS of better guns out there for the money. There's a reason Sig doesn't catalog them anymore.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I will say that their customer service and warranty service is stellar. I had a p220 carry elite stainless and it would bind every few rounds. The slide wouldn't return to the full forward position after cycling a round. I called them they emailed me a shipping label while I was on the phone with them the fixed it and it fired 50 rounds through it to make sure it was fine and got it back to me in less than 3 weeks.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I have a SIG2340 Blue Line, that shoots very good and I have never had any trouble with it. Trigger is good,everything is tight atleast no slop and nothing wiggles.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Janott, my friend bought one when they first came out. 100% reliable and it was his carry gun...

Until he got "the next best new thing". I never do that.

That often. ;D

Jon

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
planeflyer21 said:
Janott, my friend bought one when they first came out. 100% reliable and it was his carry gun...

Until he got "the next best new thing". I never do that.

That often. ;D

Jon
Mine has been 100% reliable and I like it. I bought it from a cop I work with and since he made SGT he has asked if he could buy it back. I told him he could but he seems to not want to even pay what I bought it for and I will not let it go for any less. Told him I would make some trades to but he has not made any offers. Wants it because it was his first duty weapon. I really do not care if I keep it or not, but I have replaces springs on it and taken great care of it and I'm not going to give it to him for any less than I have in it.

The SIG SP2340 BLUELINE was a special run for police duty.

Joe

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the one i shot was one of the "new and improved" versions.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
h-bomb said:
i think the one i shot was one of the "new and improved" versions.
If it isn't broke don't fix it. ;) ;D ;D ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts