Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My third grandson was born today. Is it too early to start looking for another Marlin? I mean, a JM336 might be several thousand dollars by the time he is ready! I would hate for him to feel slighted in any way. What say the MOs?

By the way, both mother and baby are great!

Photography Food

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey Rafter,

Congratulations!

Think a 39, with an adequate supply of ammo, would be the "order of the day". LOL

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Congratulations! I like your ideal of thinking ahead. You might need another gun safe for all those Marlins.

Reactions: Scorpiusb

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
congrats on the new grandson, glad to hear both Mom and Baby are doing ok.

no it's not to early to buy him a Marlin, just don't forget to keep stocking up on ammo so the two of you can enjoy shooting it together

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well that is fantastic news....wonderful to bring another patriot into the family. With the way prices are and the continued lack of quality from Remlin I would say it a good investment.

Regards all,
M

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Congrats from Goldthwaite, TX! Hard to believe my grandson is now 14 -- they grow up too fast:biggrin: John

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
That is a great idea, Erik.

To go 1 step further: clean your favorite gun within an inch of its life, put it up in a silicone gun sock, store in a dry safe & buy one more exactly like it to use. Then tell him that the day he was born, you put aside your favorite gun for him, and when he's old enough he will be the first person to shoot it since that day.

In the meantime you get to use the "same" gun... just a different serial number.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Congrats to ya Rafter on a beautiful grand baby!!! It's not to early to be looking for a 336 for the youngun he will be enjoying it before you know it!!!

Glad that Momma and baby are fine!!!God Bless

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Congrats Grandpa!!!! He is an adorable baby from the pic... My 1st is now 8 months old and my daughter is pregnant with what I hope is my 1st granddaughter!!!
Erik is right, set aside one of yours for him and purchase another to replace it but your grandson would want something his grandpa owned and shot over his own.

Doc

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think y'all are right. I have guns from my Dad and Grandfather, so along with these I am now on the prowl for another for me!

I have a pistol set aside for my middle grandson and my Dads .22 bolt action from when he was a boy for my oldest grandson.

These grand babies are going to allow me to do a lot of gun buying!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.