Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not exactly a "campfire" meal but good eats none the less. The original recipe I got on line said to add a 10 oz. can of tomato soup to the mix, tonight was the second time I made it, I doubled the recipe and add a 15 oz can of tomato sauce instead....other than a touch of salt too much (IMO) it is delicious...and there's leftovers for lunch at work on Monday!! Served over a bed of rice along with your favorite wine, a plus would have been the garlic sticks I forgot about until too late :( :banghead: Won't happen the next time!! Mr fixit
Shrimp Creole Over Rice Recipe - Food.com - 294659
Dish Food Cuisine Ingredient Menemen

·
Registered
391 Posts
While that dish does look mighty tasty, it is not a "true" shrimp creole. The addition of okra is not traditionally used in shrimp creole. You are, however, with the okra, working on the beginning of a good shrimp gumbo. Add some roux, diced smoked ham and some andouille sausage and you are looking at a great gumbo. Myself, I'd probably drop some fresh shucked oyster in there too.

One thing to remember, add your seafood last and don't overcook it.

Either way, close the curtains, lock the door, and turn the phone off. You don't want to be disturbed when dinner is that good.

·
Registered
822 Posts
My daughter informed me yesterday that she would be making gumbo for fathers day. I am really looking forward to it as it is one of my very favorite things. Her sis is making dessert but she wont tell me what, says it will be a surprise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.