603 Posts
heres my hoyt superhawk

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is my Limbsaver Speedzone bow. The limb design is not the most attractive, but it is the fastest bow I have ever owned and I love it. I'm shooting a QAD Pro HD rest, Lumenok arrows (getting ready to switch to Easton Full Metal Jackets), Sword Twilight hunter sights, Tree Limb quiver (got a new Cat Quiver pack that I will be trying this fall) and Scott Little Bitty Goose release.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Do not have a pic yet have been shooting wheeled for 35 years just had some of the newest fastest bows out hoyt, mathews, pse, bowtech. BAD BACK SERGERY sold them now am getting a 45 # recurve been wanting to do it for a while as 3d shooting was getting borring time to ramp it up a bit.

·
Banned
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I like huntin bow season the best,I love these things!

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
All right!, this is another illness I got. These are my two traditional bows:

- 56" Recurve bow 62#@27" made for me by Neil Jaconson of Bear's Paw Bows in Montana
- 64" Loongbow 55#@26.5" made for me by Tim Mullins of Acadian Woods in Louisiana

Great bows both of them, amazing craftworks, great shooters.

Cheers

Reactions: Bronco Archer

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Wow those are nice. You must be ah strong feller for those weights!!

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Gurn said:
Wow those are nice. You must be ah strong feller for those weights!!
Thank you, Gurn, they are nice but I'm not very strong. I started coming up from 40#, moved to 50# and stayed there for quite a while. Now I feel very comfortable with the 55# longbow and feel the 62# is only a tad below my upper limit, but after a few warming up shots I do really well. I'm not planning to continue the climbing, though. I think the secret is to develop a good technique, more than pure muscle ;).

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Yep you got that part right. It's nice to have good form with ah 62# bow but I could never do that. Your lucky.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I’m new to archery and recently bought this Bowtech – Diamond – Razor Edge to get started and learn.

The next step was to buy 3 bales of hay, a target and set up a range in the back yard.

And this is my 20 yards range

This was my first attempt at sighting the bow

I was amazed at how deep the missed arrow (with a field tip) went into the wood fence.

I’m now capable of shooting at 40 yards within a 4-6 inch circle which I think is good enough for hunting a deer, although I plan to only shoot a deer if it is within 30-35 yards max. I’m looking forward to my first bow hunt this year.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Thats ah good little bow!!

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
2shotal,

Good luck! Looks like you're off to a good start!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Thanks guys ....... I got my 100 grains 3 blade muzzy broadheads (6 of them) all set ...... shot a few of the muzzy practice broadheads, and didn't notice any difference in POA or POI from the field tips and I'm still hitting within a couple of inches the bullseye at 20 yards ......... now I'm really ready to meet Mr. Buck and Ms. Doe ;D

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Dang! 67yds.......that's some shootin' man! I don't even practice past 40yds, but anything inside those 40 that walks across my line of sights is going to drop ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heres my PSE DeerHunter

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I got ah new #45 Tomahawk Woodland Hunter Ill get some pics up soon.
Man that 67yd shot was ah goodin !! At the range I shoot em you can here there breath.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts