Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread the OP asked about the accuracy of REMLIN .30-30 Lever Rifles so I thought we can have our own Team .30-30 Paper Challenge to show the accuracy of Marlin .30-30s.

I have 3 Marlin .30-30 levers - Two 336SS and one 336 Zane Gray long octagon barrel. I am interested myself to see how they compare and I only shoot factory loads so I will try a couple different brands and post the targets.

GB45

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swany,

For reference what size is that circle, Looks like 2 inch?

GB45

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Golfbuddy45 said:
Swany,

For reference what size is that circle, Looks like 2 inch?

GB45
Second target says 2.25 I make em various sizes, 50yds I use 1.25 I used my printscreen option and took the center from a rising sun Japanese flag. Easy enough for use with common card stock and a printer. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swany - I hope this does not break any forum rules but ACCURATE SHOOTER web site allows anyone to download some great targets at no charge and they are high resolution prints. I have several that I use for short, medium, and long range. They even have some VARMINT targets. For loaders there are some of the targets even have lines for you to write down your cartridge load info:

http://www.accurateshooter.com/shooting-skills/targets/

GB45

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's my only target I could find for my 336W Marlin 30-30 a cast bullet target as well. And yes I hung the target upside down when I shot it! ::) This 336W loves this load. ;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try one more time......336C, Wild West trigger....(not shown is first group...... .937)....sighting in with new Winchester ammo.

100 yds.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
How about a target from a 336SC in 35 Remington? This was shot with Hornady LE 200 gr factory:

·
Registered
3 Posts
swany said:
Second target says 2.25 I make em various sizes, 50yds I use 1.25 I used my printscreen option and took the center from a rising sun jap flag. Easy enough for use with common card stock and a printer. ;D
Your use of "jap" is uncalled for, it is a racist term.

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bellje said:
Your use of "jap" is uncalled for, it is a racist term.
The purpose of this thread was to show targets and for your very first post on this forum you chose to slander one of our own members. That to me is more of an affront than his post. If you do not want to participate in this forum as it is intended then please go post your comments elsewhere.

GB45

·
Registered
3 Posts
Golfbuddy45 said:
The purpose of this thread was to show targets and for your very first post on this forum you chose to slander one of our own members. That to me is more of an affront than his post. If you do not want to participate in this forum as it is intended then please go post your comments elsewhere.

GB45
I am of Japanese-American desent. If you think that pointing out a racist term is slander, then so be it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
bellje said:
I am of Japanese-American desent. If you think that pointing out a racist term is slander, then so be it.
Hey, don't be so thin skinned. ::) I'm a Sansei and the comment didn't bother me. I've been known to use the term myself. I don't think Swany meant to offend us with it.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Some folks are definitely too thin skinned for sure. I've been called much worse. Water off a ducks back as far as I'm concerned. 8)

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Slanteyedshootist said:
Hey, don't be so thin skinned. ::) I'm a Sansei and the comment didn't bother me. I've been known to use the term myself. I don't think Swanzy meant to offend us with it.
My point exactly - - All the other people went right past the post with no thought whatsoever as I did and showed their targets as was the purpose of this thread but one person was offended by a word. That is why so many of our liberties are being flushed down the drain because of the minority of people who seem to be LOOKING for something to slam in our faces. I am 100% Spanish and take no offense to any inference toward my race. The best Polish jokes I have ever heard were told to my by Polish people.

So now if we can get back to the purpose of this thread so the rest of us MO's can enjoy our sport - shooting guns . . . .

GB45

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
First thing gents, I do mean no slander with the reference, it's out here in cyberspace now forever. I do apologise for the offense, none was meant. Lets get back to the targets. I will go back and correct the wording after I post this.

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
swany said:
First thing gents, I do mean no slander with the reference, it's out here in cyberspace now forever. I do apologise for the offense, none was meant. Lets get back to the targets. I will go back and correct the wording after I post this.

Thanks Swany - we all knew that but you are gracious as always...

One of these days I may learn to control my Latin temper . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Naaaah - - that ain't gonna happen at my age!!!

Bring on those targets - we need to show up that ONE .35 Rem post that was put on here to spur us .30-30 folks on . . . . . . . .

GB45

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not sure I understand your LADDER. Does this mean as you continued to shoot from the same AIM POINT you shots kept moving UP THE LADDER? If that is the case is your barrel changing that much from the heat of each shot?

GB45

1 - 20 of 78 Posts