Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my ca: 1984 Dr. Phil Dater WW2 rendition of the OSS suppressed Hi-Standard HD Military on a Ruger platform.

She's not as quiet as some of the new stuff, but she'a a quiet enough little one-holer.

The receiver was drilled and tapped for the Weaver bases (basically the grandfather of the Picatinny Rail, MIL-STD 1913 rail.) Totally repeatable. The irons are quickly accessible with the coin slotted rings. Leupold LER 2X Duplex.

Let's see y'all's.

AC

Attachments

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
AC,
I recently had Randy at Wadco over on John Rhodes make me a suppressor for my 300 Blackout.Had to pay for the stamp.Can’t take the suppressor home till everything clears.Up to a year they say.But,usually within 9 mo. Joe

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Here's my .300BO SBR I built on Aero receivers with 10" Ballistic Advantage barrel and AAC 7.62 SDN can. I have rimfire and .45cal pistol cans as well but don't seem to have any pics handy of those. The rimfire swaps between an M&P22, Victory22, and a Savage MKII 16" rifle, the 45 can between a Colt 45acp 1911 and SIG P320 9mm. It spends most of it's time on the SIG.
The 300BO with subs is so quiet you only get the noise of the action cycling. No hearing protection needed. Same goes for my 22 can if using subs. The Savage 22 with can only clicks from the firing pin snap. A BB gun is much louder.
My Armalite AR50A1 as well.
IMG_20160704_143951616_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,447 Posts
Is there still a universal suppressor?
I looked at one 4 yrs ago.
It was a $1000 plus all the paperwork and taxes.
I thought it would be great to just switch internals and only need one.
The adapters were not cheap for each gun if i member right?

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
There is no such thing as a universal can though the Griffon Optimus and SiCo Hybrid come pretty close. I paid $692 for my Hybrid a couple years ago using SPEQ pricing. With sales tax and the stamp it was right at $950 and some change. It came with a 5/8-24 direct thread mount and a booster assembly but I added a .578-28 piston and the ASR mount which probably cost another couple hundred dollars. I would like to add an Optimus but don't think GA offers blue label pricing.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Here's mine, home made form 1 300 blackout 10.5" SBR. the darn tax stamps cost more than building the rifle.:banghead:
But its awesome with dedicated subs, sounds like shooting 22 shorts out of a 20"barrel..
300cammo.jpg

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
If I had a picture of mine, you would be looking at a Thunderbeast Ultra 7. Bought it from Mile High about 3 weeks ago. Hummmmmm I need to Call Mile High. I dont think that they have even sent it to my FFL yet.

Hayden.

Kingstrider. I would love to know how you like your Hybrid. I seriously looked at one. It was tempting.

·
Registered
733 Posts
AC,
I recently had Randy at Wadco over on John Rhodes make me a suppressor for my 300 Blackout.Had to pay for the stamp.Can’t take the suppressor home till everything clears.Up to a year they say.But,usually within 9 mo. Joe
I have been waiting seven months now. Once Texas made hunting with a can legal, the floodgates opened.
My back was in too bad a shape to think about hunting then, so I paid no attention to the new change.
So where i sit, waiting for them.
They had a 2-for-1 sale in SIGs.
Get one .223 or .308 and get a .22LR free.
No complaints here.

The shop had a SIG rep there and he gave me two boxes of match .308, two hats, and a deck of SIG playing cards to boot.
Heck, the ammo had a $35 price tag on it, so that is $60 bucks right there, and the .22LR I got for free had a $550 price tag on it.

Like I said....no complaints.

The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Funny can story. I returned a Delise suppressed carbine to stores after sighting in. The guy took it and went round the back, into a room. He came back, said all was in order and signatures were exchanged. I said to him 'Its really quiet, you should try it' to which he replied 'I just did'.

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
If I had a picture of mine, you would be looking at a Thunderbeast Ultra 7. Bought it from Mile High about 3 weeks ago. Hummmmmm I need to Call Mile High. I dont think that they have even sent it to my FFL yet.

Hayden.

Kingstrider. I would love to know how you like your Hybrid. I seriously looked at one. It was tempting.
Hayden the Hybrid is very versatile and I am actually thinking about buying another one. My newest host is this SBR in 44 magnum that I finished a few months ago. I have a stamp to build a dedicated can for the gun but haven't got around to it yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts