Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 861 Posts

· Premium Member
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a thread in the 336 Forum about people showing off their 336's. I'd like to see everyone's 444's and the game you have taken with them. I'd especially like to see game larger than deer, but anything will be great. Since I haven't used mine to hunt with yet, all I have is a picture of the gun.

Mine is pretty plain, a 1992 444SS, basically as it came from the factory, topped with a 2-7 X 32 scope. I want to see how you all have customized your guns.

· Premium Member
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a bummer on the butt stock. Can you repair it with Gorilla glue and then refinish it, or are you going to completely replace it?

· Premium Member
13,177 Posts
As soon as I can find my USB cord to download my pics off my camera onto the computer I will post my pic of my 78 444!!

· Premium Member
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mudpuppy, where did you get that lever, and how hard was it to install? I'm looking for larger levers because of my large hands, and I generally wear gloves when I hunt. The standard sized Marlin levers make it tough to use anything but just a thin glove.

· Premium Member
1,277 Posts
The new stock arrived today from Midwest Gunworks, it's gorgeous. Much nicer wood than the original but it still matches nicely with the fore end. Came with a new rubber buttplate too.

I had back surgery a week ago today, and am still not confident enough to change the stock. I'll get it done soon and get some new pics up. It'll probably be a few months before I shoot it, I can't find any .444 brass anyway.

· Premium Member
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the size of the lever on Whoa Black Betty...Bam Ba Lam!

· Registered
299 Posts
.DIRTY-.THIRTY said:
Warhawk thats a beauty.

I really need a large loop on my levers, I also have to wear gloves when hunting, I just don't like the looks of the big lever though :eek: Is there an in-between size of levers? .Dirty-.30
Yes at www.midwayusa.com ;) I don't like the superbig loops either.

· Super Moderator
16,857 Posts
1994 .444SS with pachmayr pad

Attachments

1 - 20 of 861 Posts