Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a picture of my Browning Challenger 22 pistol in the rimfire section and got a few comments on the A5 it was pictured with so it got me to thinking that I have not seem a lot of A5's on here so do you guys have any A5's? I have 2, both late 50's, 1 is a Sweet 16 (16 ga.) the other is a Magnum 12.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Not a Browning (I wish!) but a clone. Diawa 500. Dad bought new in about 1971. i still have the book and original receipt for it. Nice gun, but heavy. Made by Singer Nikko (think same as made the Win 101's/etc for awhile before patent infringements shut them down... Nice gun and shoots well.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Here's my Browning A5 light 12 built by FN in 1948. Barrel was cut to 20" cyl bore and stock shorted before I owned it. Next is my Marlin 1894S in .41 made in 1988.

CD

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Don't have it any longer (gave it to my nephew) but "he" owns one of the last Belgian made "Mag-20's". mine is an old Rem mod-11 16ga.

·
Premium Member
5,449 Posts
I have a 1991 Japan light 12, would love to own a Belgium

If anybody has one to donate to keeping the squirrel population down, I'll be happy to pay shipping ;)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Magnum 12

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
.DIRTY-.THIRTY said:
I have a 1991 Japan light 12, would love to own a Belgium

If anybody has one to donate to keeping the squirrel population down, I'll be happy to pay shipping ;)
Very nice .D.T! I am fortunate enough to have two Belgiums but I don't want to part with either one ;)...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks Dirty-Thirty. The A5 is a Jap with a 32" full I'll call it Doctor Death. Killed 43 deer with it so far. The buck scored 133 5/8, not bad for a S.C. buck.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
I will add my A-5 later, it's was made in 1929 and has a three digit SN, ;D and it's in the original case. The only thing missing is the manual and I hope to find one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts