Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stopped in to look around just for the heck of it, no intentions of buying anything, just wanted to browse the used guns and wish.

low and behold, I knew not to go into the gun library, but I knew they would have to really cool old single actions and lever guns to drool over.

as I was on my way out the door, I saw an old Colt box with some form of 1911 style firearm on it, took a closer look and it was a Colt Service Model Ace" in mint condition, not a scratch on it, no signs of ever having been fired, clean as a whistle and box in great shape,

I tried to leave without it, but I couldn't resist, I had to bring it home with me.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Air gun

bad glare on photo

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to work right near that Cabela's, which was both a blessing and a curse!
fortunately Cabela's is over a hundred miles from home so I don't venture in to often and they are a little pricey in my opinion, but I still manage to spend my share of money there on temptations I can't pass up

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
fortunately Cabela's is over a hundred miles from home so I don't venture in to often and they are a little pricey in my opinion, but I still manage to spend my share of money there on temptations I can't pass up
That they are. We call it the Cabelas tax. But sometimes the stars align just right and you can fond a smoking deal.

At one point i had finally given up my search for a Marlin 1894c, and had resigned myself to picking up a Rossi. I went to another gun shop nearby in buda that had had a few Rossis in .357. But to my chagrin, they had sold out. So I went to Cabelas on a lark to see if they had any...and what do i find sitting on the rack but a used 1894c for the same price as a Rossi (just shy of $500).

So i grabbed it and took it into the back to try to talk the guy down LOL!!!!! He said, 'man...I just put that on the rack less than an hour ago'. Well, needless to say, I relieved his burden.

Point is that I've found a few gems on their racks.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That they are. We call it the Cabelas tax. But sometimes the stars align just right and you can fond a smoking deal.

At one point i had finally given up my search for a Marlin 1894c, and had resigned myself to picking up a Rossi. I went to another gun shop nearby in buda that had had a few Rossis in .357. But to my chagrin, they had sold out. So I went to Cabelas on a lark to see if they had any...and what do i find sitting on the rack but a used 1894c for the same price as a Rossi (just shy of $500).

So i grabbed it and took it into the back to try to talk the guy down LOL!!!!! He said, 'man...I just put that on the rack less than an hour ago'. Well, needless to say, I relieved his burden.

Point is that I've found a few gems on their racks.
same here, they usually have a treasure in the used gun department and I occassionally make my way to the store in Waco, Buda currently has some very nice Colt & Smith revolvers along with numerous Levers

Waco had a nice Marlin .338 a few months ago but it wasn't in the budget at that time so I had to pass

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Handsome shootin' iron.

There are deals to be had at Cabela's on occasion. You have to keep an eye on them

Having a lot of Cabela's Visa points in the bank helps. Three firearms in my house and on me can attest to that.

Lookin' forward to more pictures and some range reports, mi amigo.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yep My dad was talking to me today about the new cattle man 12 Uberti is making. 12 shot 22lr in the single action colt style. Sounds like some thing Ill start having to have and end up giving him.
1873 Cattleman .22 Revolver | Uberti
Man ! why did you post that ??, that's the first I seen or heard of it, I gotta have one, load it on Monday...shoot all week, re-load it on Sunday night. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Thats what Im talking about. I was just fine till my dad opened up a whole new can of worms. Now I got a itch that cant be scratched but one way and thats to get one. Besides I dont want to be the only one. Ive been called an enabler around here before.:flute:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.